Sunday, January 12, 2014

Running From Forever

Review Blog Stop
Running From Forever
by
Ashley Wilcox
 
Recent college graduate, Kayla Reynolds was ready to leave the university, sorority life behind. Leaving her boyfriend of over three years, she packed her bags and moved four hours south to the
big city…New York City. Bright lights, streets that never sleep, and a business lifestyle that she yearned to have were all at her fingertips.
 Kayla Reynolds was chasing her dream.
 Determined and eager to make it in the corporate world, Kayla changed everything- her image, lifestyle, and outlook on life, putting her career first and her personal life second. That was until her first day, the first time she got a glimpse of Miles Blackwell. Corporate CEO and part owner of ETV, and not to mention, incredibly handsome, Miles Blackwell took Kayla by surprise, stealing her heart as he did.
 But nothing had ever come that easy for Kayla. Life had always seemed to have a personal vendetta against her, stepping in when everything seemed too good to be true, reminding herself of whom she really was. It wasn’t until she met Merrick Drake that she realized when to stop; when running was no longer an option. For the first time in her life she had someone she could relate to; someone who wouldn’t judge- who saw the person she was inside. She and Merrick connected…on more levels than one.
 When life was too much to handle, they ran.
 But there was only one person that could make Kayla stop for good. Only one man that made her want to stay.
 Would Kayla finally stop running or would it all be too much to handle?
 
 
REVIEW
 
When I started this book, I really figured I would enjoy it as I like Ashley Wilcox's style....at first, I thought "oh no, I don't think I'm going to like this one as much as her other works" The beginning was almost awful.....well, no, what Kayla does in the beginning is awful....I ended up thinking I would not like the storyline cuz I wasn't happy with her from page one. But as I continued to read, realizing the "why" behind the "how", I started to become more sympathetic with Kayla. I will admit that I kept thinking, her love interest Miles had some sort of secret ... And wow he was good at always being on that elevator when she was;) Merrick....what a doll....new book boyfriend there ladies:) I was really hoping he wouldn't get his heart broken....I didn't think I would be able to handle that. The twists and turns are really well played....again, as you read, you find out the "why" behind the "how" .... I love reading from each characters POV....really sheds a new light on the scene.....seeing why Miles did it.....how Merrick reacted.....Kayla being mature enough to hear the truth, and dealing with it;) I recommend this one ladies.....you will enjoy it....and the love scenes....hmmmmm.... Great one Ashley:)
 


Living in Syracuse, New York, Ashley Wilcox is happily married to her husband of over six years, and a mommy to two little boys, and one little girl who is expected to be here in March 2014. Through her addiction for reading, Ashley has discovered her passion for writing. She loves reading and writing about anything romance. Some books that Ashley is most commonly known for are The Forever Series, Summer Rush, and her latest, Permanent Lines.

To find out more about Ashley and what she is currently working on, please visit her website at ashleywilcoxauthor.com.
Profile Links:

Facebook:

Goodreads:

Twitter:
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment